Lunch for Vegetarians
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorus.
1 tin chickpeas
200g sweet potato, chopped and peeled
1 tbsp Coconut oil
½ red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushes
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 ½ tsp chopped chilli
2 tbsp tahini
Juice of ½ lemon
30g chopped coriander leaves
- Wash and drain the chickpeas.
- Steam the chunks of potato for 15mins until soft
- Fry onion and garlic. Add the turmeric, cumin and chilli for 2 minutes
- Heat the oven to gas mark 6
- Tip the chickpeas, sweet potato, coriander, lemon juice, tahini and coriander in a food processor for 10 secs .
- Tip the contents into a bowl and add the onion mixture. Season.
- Divide the mixture into 16 balls. Place them on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake for 20minutes.